Sujet : Re: PD-6 and DVD-RAM
De : johnwilliamson@btinternet.com (John Williamson)
Groupes : rec.arts.movies.production.sound
Date : 25. Dec 2016, 21:26:14
On 25/12/2016 20:59, John Freeman wrote:
> I got a Fostex PD-6 a while ago (yeah, yeah, I know) which I never got around
to using, but now I need it. It seems to function fine but the DVD-RAM discs are
giving me problems getting the data into a Macbook Pro.

> I have an old Sony external DVD drive DRX 830UL-T which should work fine with
these discs, but the Macbook won't recognize the drive when the 3" disc is
inserted. It works fine playing back a commercial DVD.

> I'm using the recommended Maxell discs, a bunch of them came with the PD-6.
Some were used and some are brand new.

> Any suggestions on settings for the Macbook that might get it to read the
disc? Do I need to format the disc differently (and how would I do that?)

> Do I need a different DVD drive?
>
> Thanks.

Have you got a PC handy? It may be that the Mac OS is too new to support
the drive properly.

This may be relevant:-

http://www.macworld.com/article/1157709/read_dvd_ram.html

--